Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jackson Lake

Fished Jackson lake again today and was once again skunked. I fished a green and white streamer and had one bump on that. I haven't been fishing with a sinking line so I went to the shop and put an old line onto an un-used reel and will perhaps go at it again tomorrow. I have seen some activity on top with fish chasing baitfish with style so have been experimenting with my retrieval speed. I'm not much of a lake fisherman when it comes to trout and the limit backcast makes it difficult to reach the deeper water. Perhaps tomorrow will bring something different. I've also been noticing quite a few midges flying around. Not sure if the fish in the lake like them or not but I will definitely be keeping an eye out for midging fish.

Also seen quite a bit of wildlife the last few days. A couple of Foxes or Coyotes not sure...Black bear of pretty good size and lots and lots of prong horns. And one baby moose. Be careful out there and keep your eye out for animals.


see ya.

1 comment:

JoshGraffam said...

Hey man,
fish a sinking line.. small zonkers and fish the points... you cant miss'em... i just posted a picture of one i got there on wed morning... also if you are the water is dirty you may fish that same setup below the dam and see what you find... i watched a guy drag one over the bridge one fall had to be 20 lbs.. good luck

josh
www.tetontrout.com